Monday 19 January 2015

Easy Like Sunday Blogging... On A Monday


You know those things that people tell you happen, but you refuse, or even can't believe them until you see them? Well I just had one of those moments. Everyone told me that Lake Mendota, the lake next to my halls would be frozen when I got back to Madison in January. Now that lake is a blood big body of water, unlike any we have back in England. But today, I saw it with my own eyes. It is all completely frozen; people are walking on it!
I have honestly never seen anything like it. But it makes me love Madison even more.

- As some of you may know, it was my 21st on the 11th, and I had a really nice day, what was spent with Mother. It was actually the first birthday I have looked forward to in quite a few years. (Probably because it means I can drink in America now...sssh) I feel like whenever you have a birthday everyone around you pressures you to do something big and amazing, and I just feel like that pressure can ruin the day itself. Hence why I spent the best part of the day doing nothing but spending time with Mother (and my cats). The work Christmas party was the night before, and at midnight that turned into a kind of celebration including free glasses of wine and a gargantuan cake...so I guess that counts haha.

- I have recently made some fairly extravagant purchases... I had been lusting over the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette for months. And I mean months. Like I had looked at it on Sephora nearly everyday for about a week.
Then the day came in January when I added it to my basket, especially as there was my free birthday gift as well. I left it for about an hour or two to really mull it over... and to my complete distress it was then out of stock. Everywhere. On Hourglass. On Sephora. On SpaceNK. EVERYWHERE. I was devastated. Then on Friday, just while I should be packing, Sephora emailed me to tell me that it was discontinued. Noooo! But! Hourglass themselves had it back!!! And I finally ordered it; I am eagerly awaiting it's delivery very soon.
Then at Heathrow on Saturday morning, there I was in Nars, facing the Nars Loves New York Exclusive to London Heathrow and Limited Edition Set. With the palette for uptown to downton, the nail varnish in Chinatown and the Lip gloss in Dolce Vita. Well after the stress with Hourglass I couldn't say no really could I?

- I am currently in the process of making a list of 21 things to do whilst I'm 21. I love making these kinds of lists. If anyone has any suggestions, I am open! I of course have gamble and drink in the US...more to come on that one later, but I am also thinking of maybe putting in things such as travel to somewhere by myself? And I mean, really by myself. Stay somewhere by myself and explore by myself. I'm thinking somewhere near hear such as Milwaukee; but that's a tentative plan. Any other good ideas would be welcome though!

I hope you are all having good Januarys! The snow is coming down here, and I am trying to be productive on this Martin Luther King day (#noclasses.)
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment