Sunday 7 September 2014

Current Face


So first things first...just a couple of apologies. I am sorry that I have not been blogging very frequently of late. As you know I have moved to America and classes have now started (one week down already!) and so I have suddenly become very busy again along with generally just trying to balance everything. I haven't yet quite got into my rhythm/routine but I'm working on it!
Secondly...sorry for the bad picture quality. I tried. I failed. But yes that is the top of my fridge
Thirdly...for all those of you out there who were loving my The
SundayTimes Magazine Beauty posts, I am very sorry to say that I left the second half of the article back home. In England. Sooo I am afraid that piece is going on the back burner for a while...probably until at least Christmas. I am eternally sorry. :(
Anyway...

So for the past two weeks it has been bloody hot here, so my make up has changed up a little bit! I've been wearing a much lighter base; either the Garnier BB cream for oily to combination skin and really blending that in with a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, or a lot of the time I've just been wearing the Maxfactor Mastertouch Under Eye Concealer in fair and blending that in with a Real Techniques Foundation Brush.
I've then been using my MUA Undressed palette, and either one or two of these and just blending them over my eyes with a Mac 217. Then I've been doing my standard cat eye with the amazing Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner Felt Tip. To finish off the eys I've then been slathering the lashes in Lancome Hypnose mascara
For the rest of the face, I have been finishing my skin off with the Becca Fine Pressed Powder in Wheat with a Real Techniques Powder Brush. I dust this all over my face for a great oil free finish! I then use the Real Techniques Blush Brush to highlight my cheeks and the areas of my face which naturally tan with The Body Shop's Honey Bronzer in I think medium... I have then been topping that off with either a Clinique blusher in Iced Lotus or a new addition, a Wet'n'Wild blusher in Mellow Wine for a bit of a warmer look. 
For lips I have been switching between my M&S Tea Rose lipstick which really is a 'your lips but better' look, or a Maybelline Color Whisper in Coral Ambition; another great American addition!

As you can see I've kept it pretty simply lately and haven't really been too heavy with any products due to the heat! As it seems to be rapidly cooling down here (it's been 30 degrees lately but is soon dropping to 14!) I'm sure I'll be updating you with my Autumn look.

What's your current face looking like?
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment