Friday 10 January 2014

Seventeen Lip Crayon Kit | Sales Goodies


As Christmas takes over at Boots in the form of 3 for 2 gift sets, I peruse these aisles to spot things which I will then hope to God that they will still be there in the sales afterwards. This year, or in fact, last year now(!), I spotted this little set and thought: you my friends, will be mine in the half price sales.

The lip crayon sensation completely took over last year with all brands jumping on the Clinique Chubby Stick band wagon (which are a particular favourite of mine). Revlon had their Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, Bourjois Color Boost, L'OReal the list goes on. As I really enjoy these kinds of products I thought that four of these for a fiver (half price from £10 originally) were a complete steal!

I was sceptical about the more nude-y pink, but really loved the look of the red and the orange; as we all know these are my favourite colours for lips. However I have really enjoyed wearing the nude! Seventeen may have converted me...

From left to right, Nude, Red, Pink and Orange

I really like these; they glide on nicely, they feel nice on your lips and the colours are pigmented. They have nice glossy effect and although do seem slightly washed out than the packaging colour, for such a bargain I can't complain! I don't really have any downsides, just me being slight pedantic over certain aspects in that I really wish they had names! As opposed to just 'that pinky one', however I can't complain! The 'Hints and Tips' are also slightly having delusions of grandeur but here they are:

'How To create the Perfect Lips

1. Use a sharpened lip crayon to contour your lips, following their natural outline.
2. Colour in the whole lip, blending the colour evenly.
for more pout appeal, add a dab of clear gloss to the centre of your top and bottom lips, it cleverly reflects the light to create the optical illusion of fuller lips!'


I hope that you also got your hands on a pack of these babies; they were definitely a good find!

What sales goodies did you find?
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment