Sunday 12 January 2014

Divergent - Veronica Roth | Book Review

Hopefully some of you have also embarked on a reading challenge with me and I think that I've gotten off to a fairly good start! One week of the year down and I'm already one book down. Apparently I have completed 2% of my challenge! (From Good Reads). 

Divergent is the first instalment of what is simply called The Divergent Trilogy. It is the next big cult series following The Hunger Games and The Mortal Instruments. If you don't like these series' or are just thinking 'What!?', then this book is not for you.
The storyline is made up of a city which is split into different factions, upon which when you turn 16 you can then decide to stay in the faction you were born in or choose to join a different one, abandoning your family. The book follows Beatrice who embarks on this journey along with her brother Caleb. I thoroughly enjoyed this book; it had everything that you would want and expect. It had cliffhangers. It had violence. It had action. It had a bit of romance. I struggled to put it down to get out of bed in the mornings!
I would definitely recommend if this kind of genre is your type of thing. I now needneedneeeeed to read the next two books!!

Next Up: The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini

Let me know your thoughts!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment